I’m a software developer working in the finance industry. I studied computer science and mathematics in New Zealand (Waikato University) all the way up to a Masters. After a few years of working in NZ as a software developer I moved to London.
This site started out as a log of work I had been learning in academia. The blog was a way to give back to the online tech community, as i have used so many other blogs and the likes of stack overflow to find answers. The blog was also a way for me to solidify what I had been researching: by writing about topics/problems to an open audience I would reflect and ensure I knew the problems/topics from back to front.
Special interests in 2013:
- Agile. I’ve worked in a SCRUM environment and it is one of the best ways to develop software!
- Enterprise architecture. I enjoy the challenges of designing an enterprise system. I’m big on the Domain Model pattern.
- HCI – still, nothing pisses me off more than bad UI design and interaction 🙂
Special interests in 2010:
- Software developement methodologies (E.G. Agile philosophies). – I like them! Can’t wait to use them in the workforce! Eventually it would be choice to gather the experiance and lead a team of programmers… one day…
- Multi-threading; taking advantage of todays multi-core CPU’s.
- Web developement – pushing the limits of interactive applications on the web.
- HCI – nothing pisses me off more than bad UI design and interaction 🙂